My last post was the first after a year’s absence!
So, what have I been doing in that time?
- Well, I dyed my hair – wild, I know
- Went even wilder and got filler + botox…
…No, not really!! 😂
- Embraced fluffy socks to hide my corpse feet (even when leaving the house!)
- Accidently drove my wheelchair into the bathroom sink, bashing my knee – ouch!
- Redecorated my bedroom and deliberated for too long over duvet covers
- Failed at knitting so took up crochet
- Started learning French through Duolingo. In my opinion, so much easier than lessons at school! Although, to be fair, I did spend most of my time staring out of the window
- Learned to play pool…online…sorta…
- Went to my first ever supercar fest – Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb. I’ll be honest, I haven’t a clue about cars but it was a fun day and something different
- A particular highlight was our accessible canal boat ride through the prehistoric Dudley tunnels, mined during the Industrial Revolution. We got soaked (from the rain; we didn’t fall in the canal), and I ended up looking like Alice Cooper with mascara running down my face. But it was memorable!
Despite restrictions, I’ve managed to get out and about a fair bit – Roaming around aimlessly in the car, wandering along accessible forest trails, casually entering a local arboretum without paying, and even attempting the Malvern Hills!
Taking on the great outdoors is definitely challenging in a powered wheelchair, and it’s been met with limited success. But, for me, it’s not what you do but who you do it with.
Grabbing a Tesco meal deal with someone you love ♥ is (to me) far more precious than partying with a room full of semi-drunk acquaintances.
(Photo credits: All media copyright CarrieA & JV)